You will need:
1 Tbsp Olive oil
400g Skinless, boneless chicken breast or thigh
1 large leek roughly trimmed and sliced
2 heaped Tbsp plain ﬂour plus extra for dusting
300mls Milk, plus extra for brushing
200mls Moa Cider
salt & pepper
170g Broccoli, cut into small pieces
handful chopped fresh parsley
Tin sweetcorn, drained
320g frozen pastry sheets
1. Preheat the oven to 180 Degrees C Fan bake.
2. Heat a frying pan over a medium heat, add olive oil and chicken & cook until meat is sealed all over. Add the leek and cook for 5-6 mins more, stirring now and again until it has softened and the chicken is starting to brown. Turn off heat & set aside.
3. Now make the saucey stuff. Melt the butter in a separate saucepan over a low heat. Add the ﬂour and cook, stirring as it thickens to avoid any lumps, for 2 mins. Slowly add milk and cider, a little at a time, mixing as you go. Once fully mixed add salt and pepper to taste and simmer for 3-4 mins until thick.
4. Tip the sauce, broccoli, parsley and sweetcorn into the chicken pan, stir well, then simmer gently for a further 5 mins. Season the sauce with a good grind of salt & pepper, the set aside to slightly cool
5. Line a ﬂoured baking dish with your pastry (you can just put pastry on the lid but we went the whole hog and made it a fully sealed pie) and pour in your slightly cooled mixture. Cut off any excess or fold it over, or make funny patterns on top of the pie for added conversation pieces at the dinner table.
6. Brush the pie with leftover milk, stab a few holes in the lid with a fork and bake for 25-30 mins until golden and puffy.