Moa brewery has stolen the show at a prestigious international beer competition winning a record 12 awards.
More medals were awarded to Moa than any other brewery across its beer and cider range at the Asia Beer Awards held in Singapore this month.
Moa won big for its range of beer variants, beating out more than 450 entries from 47 countries to take home six Golds, two Silvers and two Bronze medals.
Then Moa also snaffled Gold in the Cider category (World) for its Weka Pear Cider as judged by 15 international experts, and Weka Apple Cider was awarded the Silver medal in the same category.
Moa sales agent Scott Williams attended the Singapore event and says the response from the attendees and international media has been incredible.
“This year is the first time Moa has entered this competition, so we were thrilled to get such a record haul. While we’re proud of all our awards, we’re particularly chuffed with our Gold and Silver for Weka Cider.
“Cider is one of the fastest-growing categories in New Zealand, with a lot of brands vying for attention, so it’s great to be at the top of this game.”
“As well as the medal haul, it was fantastic to see first-hand how well-respected the Moa brand is internationally,” Williams says.
“I was treated like a celebrity on the awards floor – shaking hands, signing autographs, posing for photos and even giving one enthusiastic supporter the shirt off my back. It seems in Asia, Moa really is the rock star of beers.”
- Moa Methode (Seasonal Ale – Asia)
- Moa St Josephs (Belgium Golden Ale – Asia)
- Moa Imperial Stout (Stout – Asia)
- Moa Blanc Evolution (Wheat/Wit/Weiss – Asia)
- Moa Pale Ale (Pale Ale/Amber Ale – World)
- Moa Pale Ale (Pale Ale/Amber Ale – Asia)
- Weka Pear Cider (Cider – World)
- Moa Breakfast Beer (Flavoured / Fruit Beer – Asia)
- Moa St Josephs (Belgium Golden Ale – World)
- Weka Apple Cider (Cider – World)
- Moa Original (Lager – Asia)
- Moa Imperial Stout (Stout – World)