Last week Moa picked up a total of 5 medals at the prestigious Australian International Beer Awards (“AIBA”), the largest competition of its kind in the Asia Pacific region. Moa was also named as a top three finalist for the title of ‘Champion Medium International Brewery’, narrowly missing out on the honour to Bavaria’s Heller-Bräu Trum KG brewery.
The Moa medal haul consisted of:
- Moa Original (Lager) – Bronze
- Moa Methode (Pilsner) – Bronze
- Moa Imperial Stout (French Oak Aged Stout Ale) – Bronze
- Moa The Yardstick (Triple Dry Hopped Imperial Pilsner) – Bronze
- 99 Not Out SKW Pale Ale (for packaging) – Bronze
This year the AIBA received a record 1,560 entries from more than 294 brewers in 31 countries and a total of 25 Champion and Major Trophies were presented.
Congratulations to Head Brewer David Nicholls and his team on another outstanding showing.